A Business Model or process defines how an organization or company achieves its purpose. This model represents the flow of work and information throughout the business. This Process involves ;
UML has become the standard modeling language for business processes. Out of 9 UML diagram types, 3 are particularly important:
Use cases, activity diagrams, and scenarios (sequence or collaboration diagrams).Use cases show informally how the business process interacts with outside actors (customers, stakeholders, suppliers, etc.) The process dynamics are modeled by activity diagrams. Often only specific scenarios are of interest. E.g. service monitoring, system reconfiguration, performance degradation, etc.
Objectives of Business Process Modeling
The objective of business modeling is to analyze the business process independent of the organization. It also quantifies the benefits and savings for each purpose initiative. It identifies the opportunities for process elimination or reassignment. It identifies the opportunities for business process improvement through automation and optimization.
How is it helpful for the Software Engineering team?
It is helpful for the software Engineering team because of the following reasons;
• Document sample problem domain and the business-driven problem of interest
• Problem description
• High-level specification details
• Up-level implementation details
• Proposed high-level timeline
It also helps in current process understanding such as;
• Develop business process models
• Identify business process information needs
• Capture current process metrics and characteristics
• Identify areas of opportunity for improvement
The business Model
The business Model scope defines the project’s purpose, goals, and objectives. It also identifies the problems to be addressed and to determine key measures. It has more benefits like;
• System can be implemented as a “force fit”
• Potential loss of business and technology alignment
• Increased manual processes and “workarounds”
• Building unnecessary user interfaces
Not identifying the best possible solutions
• To achieve operating efficiencies through analysis of the current and the future business processes
• Identify and document business process improvement opportunities
A standardized approach to streamline, analyze and integrate business processes independent of organizational boundaries, to provide maximum operating efficiencies via clearly defined business and IS projects
Software companies, like any others, are doing business by providing value to their customers.
As technology itself has no value, companies need to be able to create and capture value through an effective business model. The concept of the business model captures how the company functions and creates value and it describes, for example, the company’s value proposition, its activities, customer relationship, revenue model, and resources and it is a critical thing to the success in the digital world.
Read more click below;